"Receptors, LH" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Those protein complexes or molecular sites on the surfaces and cytoplasm of gonadal cells that bind luteinizing or chorionic gonadotropic hormones and thereby cause the gonadal cells to synthesize and secrete sex steroids. The hormone-receptor complex is internalized from the plasma membrane and initiates steroid synthesis.
- Receptors, LH
- Receptors, Luteinizing Hormone
- Receptors, Chorionic Gonadotropin
- hCG Receptor
- Receptor, hCG
- Receptors, hCG
- hCG Receptors
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Receptor
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Receptors
- Receptors, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
- Receptors, ICSH
- ICSH Receptors
- Receptors, LH-hCG
- Receptors, LH hCG
- LH-hCG Receptors
- LH hCG Receptors
- Receptors, Lutropin
- Lutropin Receptors
- Receptors, Interstitial Cell Stimulating Hormone
- Receptors, Interstitial Cell-Stimulating Hormone
- LH Receptor
- Receptor, LH
- LH Receptors
- Luteinizing Hormone Receptor
- Hormone Receptor, Luteinizing
- Receptor, Luteinizing Hormone
- Luteinizing Hormone Receptors
- Hormone Receptors, Luteinizing
- Chorionic Gonadotropin Receptor
- Gonadotropin Receptor, Chorionic
- Receptor, Chorionic Gonadotropin
- Chorionic Gonadotropin Receptors
- Gonadotropin Receptors, Chorionic
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, LH".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, G-Protein-Coupled [D12.776.543.750.695]
- Receptors, LH [D12.776.543.750.695.400]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.720.600]
- Receptors, LH [D12.776.543.750.720.600.450]
- Receptors, Peptide [D12.776.543.750.750]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.750.555]
- Receptors, LH [D12.776.543.750.750.555.450]
- Receptors, Pituitary Hormone [D12.776.543.750.750.660]
- Receptors, Gonadotropin [D12.776.543.750.750.660.350]
- Receptors, LH [D12.776.543.750.750.660.350.450]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, LH".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, LH" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, LH" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Receptors, LH" by people in Profiles.
Possible role of IGF2 receptors in regulating selection of 2 dominant follicles in cattle selected for twin ovulations and births. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2013 Nov; 45(4):187-95.
Role of adiponectin in regulating ovarian theca and granulosa cell function. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008 Mar 12; 284(1-2):38-45.
Insulin-like growth factor-II stimulates steroidogenesis in cultured bovine thecal cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004 Nov 30; 227(1-2):1-7.
Levels of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding proteins, luteinizing hormone and IGF-I receptors, and steroids in dominant follicles during the first follicular wave in cattle exhibiting regular estrous cycles. Endocrinology. 1996 Jul; 137(7):2842-50.
Effects of insulin-like growth factor I and insulin on proliferation and on basal and luteinizing hormone-induced steroidogenesis of bovine thecal cells: involvement of glucose and receptors for insulin-like growth factor I and luteinizing hormone. J Anim Sci. 1995 Dec; 73(12):3719-31.
Effect of porcine somatotropin on number of granulosa cell luteinizing hormone/human chorionic gonadotropin receptors, oocyte viability, and concentrations of steroids and insulin-like growth factors I and II in follicular fluid of lean and obese gilts. J Anim Sci. 1992 Oct; 70(10):3149-57.
Systemic but not intraovarian concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-I are affected by short-term fasting. Biol Reprod. 1992 May; 46(5):920-5.
Specific binding of 125I-labeled human chorionic gonadotropin to gonadal tissue: comparison of limited-point saturation analyses to Scatchard analyses for determining binding capacities and factors affecting estimates of binding capacity. Anal Biochem. 1986 Jul; 156(1):25-30.
Ovarian follicular growth, function and turnover in cattle: a review. J Anim Sci. 1986 Feb; 62(2):428-51.
CI628 inhibits follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)-induced increases in FSH receptors of the rat ovary: requirement of estradiol for FSH action. Endocrinology. 1985 Feb; 116(2):715-22.