"Farnesyl-Diphosphate Farnesyltransferase" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
The first committed enzyme of the biosynthesis pathway that leads to the production of STEROLS. it catalyzes the synthesis of SQUALENE from farnesyl pyrophosphate via the intermediate PRESQUALENE PYROPHOSPHATE. This enzyme is also a critical branch point enzyme in the biosynthesis of ISOPRENOIDS that is thought to regulate the flux of isoprene intermediates through the sterol pathway.
- Farnesyl-Diphosphate Farnesyltransferase
- Farnesyl Diphosphate Farnesyltransferase
- Farnesyltransferase, Farnesyl-Diphosphate
- FPP-FPP Farnesyl Transferase
- FPP FPP Farnesyl Transferase
- Farnesyl Transferase, FPP-FPP
- Transferase, FPP-FPP Farnesyl
- Squalene Synthase
- Synthase, Squalene
- Squalene Synthetase
- Synthetase, Squalene
- Farnesyldiphosphate-Farnesyldiphosphate Farnesyltransferase
- Farnesyldiphosphate Farnesyldiphosphate Farnesyltransferase
- Farnesyltransferase, Farnesyldiphosphate-Farnesyldiphosphate
- Presqualene-Diphosphate Synthase
- Presqualene Diphosphate Synthase
- Synthase, Presqualene-Diphosphate
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Farnesyl-Diphosphate Farnesyltransferase".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Farnesyl-Diphosphate Farnesyltransferase".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Farnesyl-Diphosphate Farnesyltransferase" by people in this website by year, and whether "Farnesyl-Diphosphate Farnesyltransferase" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.