"Receptors, Somatostatin" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Cell surface proteins that bind somatostatin and trigger intracellular changes which influence the behavior of cells. Somatostatin is a hypothalamic hormone, a pancreatic hormone, and a central and peripheral neurotransmitter. Activated somatostatin receptors on pituitary cells inhibit the release of growth hormone; those on endocrine and gastrointestinal cells regulate the absorption and utilization of nutrients; and those on neurons mediate somatostatin's role as a neurotransmitter.
- Receptors, Somatostatin
- Somatostatin Receptors
- SRIH Receptors
- Receptors, Somatotropin Release Inhibiting Hormone
- Receptors, SRIH
- Somatostatin Receptor
- Receptor, Somatostatin
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Somatostatin".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, G-Protein-Coupled [D12.776.543.750.695]
- Receptors, Somatostatin [D12.776.543.750.695.850]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.720.600]
- Receptors, Somatostatin [D12.776.543.750.720.600.760]
- Receptors, Peptide [D12.776.543.750.750]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.750.555]
- Receptors, Somatostatin [D12.776.543.750.750.555.760]
- Receptors, Pancreatic Hormone [D12.776.543.750.750.580]
- Receptors, Somatostatin [D12.776.543.750.750.580.720]
- Receptors, Pituitary Hormone-Regulating Hormone [D12.776.543.750.750.700]
- Receptors, Somatostatin [D12.776.543.750.750.700.800]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Somatostatin".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Somatostatin" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, Somatostatin" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Receptors, Somatostatin" by people in Profiles.
Somatostatin analogues in treatment-refractory meningioma: a systematic review with meta-analysis of individual patient data. Neurosurg Rev. 2022 Oct; 45(5):3067-3081.
Somatostatin Receptor-Targeted Radiopeptide Therapy in Treatment-Refractory Meningioma: Individual Patient Data Meta-analysis. J Nucl Med. 2021 04; 62(4):507-513.
Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma to the Brain: A Contemporary Clinicopathologic Analysis With Comparison of Immunohistochemical Profiles to Selected Primary Brain Tumors With Clear Cell Features. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2020 May/Jun; 28(5):395-402.
Neuroendocrine Tumors of the Pancreatobiliary and Gastrointestinal Tracts. Surg Clin North Am. 2020 Jun; 100(3):635-648.
Molecular markers for novel therapeutic strategies in pancreatic endocrine tumors. Pancreas. 2013 Apr; 42(3):411-21.
Notch1-mediated tumor suppression in cervical cancer with the involvement of SST signaling and its application in enhanced SSTR-targeted therapeutics. Oncologist. 2012; 17(2):220-32.
Investigation of cancer cell lines for peptide receptor-targeted drug development. J Drug Target. 2011 Sep; 19(8):719-30.
An unusual case of positive somatostatin receptor scintigraphy in squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck. Clin Nucl Med. 2011 May; 36(5):380-1.
Application of human pancreatic carcinoid BON cells for receptor-targeted drug development. J Drug Target. 2011 Sep; 19(8):666-74.
Postreceptor inhibition of antral gastrin release by somatostatin. Gastroenterology. 1985 Mar; 88(3):675-80.