"Atherectomy" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Endovascular procedure in which atheromatous plaque is excised by a cutting or rotating catheter. It differs from balloon and laser angioplasty procedures which enlarge vessels by dilation but frequently do not remove much plaque. If the plaque is removed by surgical excision under general anesthesia rather than by an endovascular procedure through a catheter, it is called ENDARTERECTOMY.
- Percutaneous Atherectomy
- Atherectomies, Percutaneous
- Atherectomy, Percutaneous
- Percutaneous Atherectomies
- Percutaneous Transluminal Atherectomy
- Atherectomies, Percutaneous Transluminal
- Atherectomy, Percutaneous Transluminal
- Percutaneous Transluminal Atherectomies
- Transluminal Atherectomies, Percutaneous
- Transluminal Atherectomy, Percutaneous
- Transluminal Atherectomy
- Atherectomies, Transluminal
- Atherectomy, Transluminal
- Transluminal Atherectomies
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Atherectomy".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Atherectomy".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Atherectomy" by people in this website by year, and whether "Atherectomy" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.