Vitamin D-Binding Protein
"Vitamin D-Binding Protein" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An alpha-globulin found in the plasma of man and other vertebrates. It is apparently synthesized in the liver and carries vitamin D and its metabolites through the circulation and mediates the response of tissue. It is also known as group-specific component (Gc). Gc subtypes are used to determine specific phenotypes and gene frequencies. These data are employed in the classification of population groups, paternity investigations, and in forensic medicine.
|Vitamin D-Binding Protein
- Vitamin D-Binding Protein
- Vitamin D Binding Protein
- 25-Hydroxycholecalciferol-Binding Protein
- 25 Hydroxycholecalciferol Binding Protein
- 25-Hydroxyvitamin D-Binding Protein
- 25 Hydroxyvitamin D Binding Protein
- Vitamin D-Binding Globulin
- Globulin, Vitamin D-Binding
- Vitamin D Binding Globulin
- Gc Globulin
- Globulin, Gc
- Group-Specific Component Globulin
- Component Globulin, Group-Specific
- Globulin, Group-Specific Component
- Group Specific Component Globulin
- 25-HCC-Binding Protein
- 25 HCC Binding Protein
- Calciferol-Binding Protein
- Calciferol Binding Protein
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Vitamin D-Binding Protein".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Vitamin D-Binding Protein".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Vitamin D-Binding Protein" by people in this website by year, and whether "Vitamin D-Binding Protein" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Vitamin D-Binding Protein" by people in Profiles.
Vitamin D Metabolites and Binding Protein Predict Preeclampsia in Women with Type 1 Diabetes. Nutrients. 2020 Jul 10; 12(7).
Combined role of vitamin D status and CYP24A1 in the transition to systemic lupus erythematosus. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017 Jan; 76(1):153-158.
Serum and peritoneal evaluation of vitamin D-binding protein in women with endometriosis. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2008 Mar 03; 62:103-9.