"Mucopolysaccharidosis II" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Systemic lysosomal storage disease marked by progressive physical deterioration and caused by a deficiency of L-sulfoiduronate sulfatase. This disease differs from MUCOPOLYSACCHARIDOSIS I by slower progression, lack of corneal clouding, and X-linked rather than autosomal recessive inheritance. The mild form produces near-normal intelligence and life span. The severe form usually causes death by age 15.
- Mucopolysaccharidosis II
- Hunter Syndrome Gargoylism
- Hunter's Syndrome
- Hunters Syndrome
- Syndrome, Hunter's
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Type 2
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Type II
- Hunter Syndrome
- Syndrome, Hunter
- Gargoylism, Hunter Syndrome
- Mucopolysaccharidosis 2
Sulfoiduronate Sulfatase Deficiency
- Sulfoiduronate Sulfatase Deficiency
- Deficiency, Sulfoiduronate Sulfatase
- Iduronate Sulfatase Deficiency
- Deficiency, Iduronate Sulfatase
- I2S Deficiency
- Deficiency, I2S
- Iduronate 2-Sulfatase Deficiency
- Deficiency, Iduronate 2-Sulfatase
- Iduronate 2 Sulfatase Deficiency
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Mucopolysaccharidosis II".
- Diseases [C]
- Nervous System Diseases [C10]
- Neurologic Manifestations [C10.597]
- Neurobehavioral Manifestations [C10.597.606]
- Intellectual Disability [C10.597.606.643]
- Mental Retardation, X-Linked [C10.597.606.643.455]
- Mucopolysaccharidosis II [C10.597.606.643.455.750]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Genetic Diseases, X-Linked [C16.320.322]
- Mental Retardation, X-Linked [C16.320.322.500]
- Mucopolysaccharidosis II [C16.320.322.500.750]
- Heredodegenerative Disorders, Nervous System [C16.320.400]
- Mental Retardation, X-Linked [C16.320.400.525]
- Mucopolysaccharidosis II [C16.320.400.525.750]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565]
- Carbohydrate Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565.202]
- Mucopolysaccharidoses [C16.320.565.202.715]
- Mucopolysaccharidosis II [C16.320.565.202.715.645]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases [C16.320.565.595]
- Mucopolysaccharidoses [C16.320.565.595.600]
- Mucopolysaccharidosis II [C16.320.565.595.600.645]
- Skin and Connective Tissue Diseases [C17]
- Connective Tissue Diseases [C17.300]
- Mucinoses [C17.300.550]
- Mucopolysaccharidoses [C17.300.550.575]
- Mucopolysaccharidosis II [C17.300.550.575.645]
- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases [C18]
- Metabolic Diseases [C18.452]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648]
- Carbohydrate Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648.202]
- Mucopolysaccharidoses [C18.452.648.202.715]
- Mucopolysaccharidosis II [C18.452.648.202.715.645]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases [C18.452.648.595]
- Mucopolysaccharidoses [C18.452.648.595.600]
- Mucopolysaccharidosis II [C18.452.648.595.600.645]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Mucopolysaccharidosis II".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Mucopolysaccharidosis II" by people in this website by year, and whether "Mucopolysaccharidosis II" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Mucopolysaccharidosis II" by people in Profiles.
Moving target: transient rotational stenosis precipitating jugular bow hunter's syndrome. BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Dec 20; 2016.