Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic
"Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Thrombocytopenia occurring in the absence of toxic exposure or a disease associated with decreased platelets. It is mediated by immune mechanisms, in most cases IMMUNOGLOBULIN G autoantibodies which attach to platelets and subsequently undergo destruction by macrophages. The disease is seen in acute (affecting children) and chronic (adult) forms.
|Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpuras
- Purpura, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic
- Purpuras, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic
- Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Idiopathic
- Thrombocytopenic Purpuras, Idiopathic
- Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpuras
- Purpura, Immune Thrombocytopenic
- Purpuras, Immune Thrombocytopenic
- Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Immune
- Thrombocytopenic Purpuras, Immune
- Immune Thrombocytopenia
- Immune Thrombocytopenias
- Thrombocytopenia, Immune
- Thrombocytopenias, Immune
- Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Autoimmune
- Werlhof Disease
- Disease, Werlhof
- Werlhof's Disease
- Disease, Werlhof's
- Werlhofs Disease
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenias
- Thrombocytopenia, Autoimmune
- Thrombocytopenias, Autoimmune
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenic Purpuras
- Purpura, Autoimmune Thrombocytopenic
- Purpuras, Autoimmune Thrombocytopenic
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Autoimmune
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic".
- Diseases [C]
- Hemic and Lymphatic Diseases [C15]
- Hematologic Diseases [C15.378]
- Blood Coagulation Disorders [C15.378.100]
- Purpura [C15.378.100.802]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C15.378.100.802.687]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C15.378.100.802.687.600]
- Blood Platelet Disorders [C15.378.140]
- Thrombocytopenia [C15.378.140.855]
- Thrombotic Microangiopathies [C15.378.140.855.925]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C15.378.140.855.925.750]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C15.378.140.855.925.750.600]
- Hemorrhagic Disorders [C15.378.463]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C15.378.463.740]
- Immune System Diseases [C20]
- Autoimmune Diseases [C20.111]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C20.111.759]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C20.841]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C20.841.600]
- Pathological Conditions, Signs and Symptoms [C23]
- Pathologic Processes [C23.550]
- Hemorrhage [C23.550.414]
- Purpura [C23.550.414.950]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C23.550.414.950.687]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C23.550.414.950.687.600]
- Signs and Symptoms [C23.888]
- Skin Manifestations [C23.888.885]
- Purpura [C23.888.885.687]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C23.888.885.687.687]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C23.888.885.687.687.600]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic" by people in this website by year, and whether "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic" by people in Profiles.
Immune Thrombocytopenia Treatment. N Engl J Med. 2021 09 02; 385(10):948-950.
Response regarding: Missing Accessory Splenectomy as a Preventable Cause of Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura Relapse. J Surg Res. 2021 02; 258:463-464.
American Society of Hematology 2019 guidelines for immune thrombocytopenia. Blood Adv. 2019 12 10; 3(23):3829-3866.
Treatment of Immune Thrombocytopenia in Adults: Version 2019. Mayo Clin Proc. 2019 11; 94(11):2161-2163.
Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura Splenectomy in the Context of New Medical Therapies. J Surg Res. 2020 01; 245:643-648.
Management of antithrombotic therapy in adults with immune thrombocytopenia (ITP): a survey of ITP specialists and general hematologist-oncologists. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2018 Jul; 46(1):24-30.
Predictors of remission in children with newly diagnosed immune thrombocytopenia: Data from the Intercontinental Cooperative ITP Study Group Registry II participants. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2018 Jan; 65(1).
Depression in adult patients with primary immune thrombocytopenia. Am J Hematol. 2016 10; 91(10):E462-3.
Drug-induced thrombotic microangiopathy: a systematic review of published reports. Blood. 2015 Jan 22; 125(4):616-8.
Management of primary immune thrombocytopenia, 2012: a survey of oklahoma hematologists-oncologists. Am J Med Sci. 2014 Mar; 347(3):190-4.