Neoplasms, Second Primary
"Neoplasms, Second Primary" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Abnormal growths of tissue that follow a previous neoplasm but are not metastases of the latter. The second neoplasm may have the same or different histological type and can occur in the same or different organs as the previous neoplasm but in all cases arises from an independent oncogenic event. The development of the second neoplasm may or may not be related to the treatment for the previous neoplasm since genetic risk or predisposing factors may actually be the cause.
|Neoplasms, Second Primary
- Neoplasms, Second Primary
- Neoplasm, Second Primary
- Second Primary Neoplasm
- Metachronous Second Primary Neoplasms
- Neoplasms, Metachronous
- Second Primary Neoplasms, Metachronous
- Second Malignancy
- Malignancies, Second
- Malignancy, Second
- Second Malignancies
- Second Neoplasm
- Neoplasm, Second
- Neoplasms, Second
- Second Neoplasms
- Second Primary Neoplasms
- Metachronous Neoplasms
- Metachronous Neoplasm
- Neoplasm, Metachronous
- Neoplasms, Metachronous Second Primary
- Neoplasms, Therapy-Associated
- Neoplasm, Therapy-Associated
- Neoplasms, Therapy Associated
- Therapy-Associated Neoplasm
- Neoplasms, Treatment-Associated
- Neoplasm, Treatment-Associated
- Neoplasms, Treatment Associated
- Treatment-Associated Neoplasm
- Neoplasms, Treatment-Related
- Neoplasm, Treatment-Related
- Neoplasms, Treatment Related
- Treatment-Related Neoplasm
- Therapy-Related Neoplasms
- Therapy Related Neoplasms
- Treatment-Associated Neoplasms
- Treatment Associated Neoplasms
- Treatment-Related Neoplasms
- Treatment Related Neoplasms
- Neoplasms, Therapy-Related
- Neoplasm, Therapy-Related
- Neoplasms, Therapy Related
- Therapy-Related Neoplasm
- Therapy-Associated Neoplasms
- Therapy Associated Neoplasms
- Therapy-Associated Cancer
- Cancer, Therapy-Associated
- Cancers, Therapy-Associated
- Therapy Associated Cancer
- Therapy-Associated Cancers
- Therapy-Related Cancer
- Cancer, Therapy-Related
- Cancers, Therapy-Related
- Therapy Related Cancer
- Therapy-Related Cancers
- Treatment-Related Cancer
- Cancer, Treatment-Related
- Cancers, Treatment-Related
- Treatment Related Cancer
- Treatment-Related Cancers
- Treatment-Associated Cancer
- Cancer, Treatment-Associated
- Cancers, Treatment-Associated
- Treatment Associated Cancer
- Treatment-Associated Cancers
Cancer, Second Primary
- Cancer, Second Primary
- Cancers, Second Primary
- Second Primary Cancer
- Second Primary Cancers
- Second Cancer
- Cancer, Second
- Cancers, Second
- Second Cancers
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Neoplasms, Second Primary".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Neoplasms, Second Primary".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Neoplasms, Second Primary" by people in this website by year, and whether "Neoplasms, Second Primary" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Neoplasms, Second Primary" by people in Profiles.
Transplant outcomes after CPX-351 vs 7?+?3 in older adults with newly diagnosed high-risk and/or secondary AML. Blood Adv. 2022 09 13; 6(17):4989-4993.
A Phase 1a/b Open-Label, Dose-Escalation Study of Etigilimab Alone or in Combination with Nivolumab in Patients with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2022 Mar 01; 28(5):882-892.
CPX-351 versus 7+3 cytarabine and daunorubicin chemotherapy in older adults with newly diagnosed high-risk or secondary acute myeloid leukaemia: 5-year results of a randomised, open-label, multicentre, phase 3 trial. Lancet Haematol. 2021 Jul; 8(7):e481-e491.
PARP inhibitor associated treatment related myeloid neoplasms: What was a "Rare" complication may be less so. Gynecol Oncol. 2021 06; 161(3):639-641.
FIT: Functional and imaging testing for patients with metastatic cancer. Support Care Cancer. 2021 May; 29(5):2771-2775.
Jejunojejunal intussusception secondary to metastatic uveal melanoma after 11 years of remission. BMJ Case Rep. 2019 Jun 22; 12(6).
Chronic myeloid leukemia manifested as myeloid sarcoma: Review of literature and case report. J Clin Neurosci. 2019 Jun; 64:269-276.
Therapy-related myeloid neoplasms in lymphoma survivors: Reducing risks. Best Pract Res Clin Haematol. 2019 03; 32(1):47-53.
Incidence of secondary myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in patients with ovarian or breast cancer in a real-world setting in the United States. Gynecol Oncol. 2018 11; 151(2):190-195.
CPX-351 (cytarabine and daunorubicin) Liposome for Injection Versus Conventional Cytarabine Plus Daunorubicin in Older Patients With Newly Diagnosed Secondary Acute Myeloid Leukemia. J Clin Oncol. 2018 09 10; 36(26):2684-2692.