"Hair Cells, Vestibular" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Sensory cells in the acoustic maculae with their apical STEREOCILIA embedded in a gelatinous OTOLITHIC MEMBRANE. These hair cells are stimulated by the movement of otolithic membrane, and impulses are transmitted via the VESTIBULAR NERVE to the BRAIN STEM. Hair cells in the saccule and those in the utricle sense linear acceleration in vertical and horizontal directions, respectively.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Hair Cells, Vestibular".
- Anatomy [A]
- Nervous System [A08]
- Neurons [A08.675]
- Neurons, Afferent [A08.675.650]
- Hair Cells, Vestibular [A08.675.650.395]
- Sensory Receptor Cells [A08.675.650.915]
- Mechanoreceptors [A08.675.650.915.750]
- Neuroepithelial Cells [A08.675.650.915.750.600]
- Hair Cells, Vestibular [A08.675.650.915.750.600.675]
- Peripheral Nervous System [A08.800]
- Sensory Receptor Cells [A08.800.950]
- Mechanoreceptors [A08.800.950.750]
- Neuroepithelial Cells [A08.800.950.750.600]
- Hair Cells, Vestibular [A08.800.950.750.600.675]
- Sense Organs [A09]
- Ear [A09.246]
- Ear, Inner [A09.246.631]
- Vestibule, Labyrinth [A09.246.631.909]
- Saccule and Utricle [A09.246.631.909.625]
- Acoustic Maculae [A09.246.631.909.625.125]
- Hair Cells, Vestibular [A09.246.631.909.625.125.340]
- Cells [A11]
- Neurons [A11.671]
- Neurons, Afferent [A11.671.650]
- Hair Cells, Vestibular [A11.671.650.395]
- Sensory Receptor Cells [A11.671.650.915]
- Mechanoreceptors [A11.671.650.915.750]
- Neuroepithelial Cells [A11.671.650.915.750.600]
- Hair Cells, Vestibular [A11.671.650.915.750.600.675]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Hair Cells, Vestibular".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Hair Cells, Vestibular" by people in this website by year, and whether "Hair Cells, Vestibular" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Hair Cells, Vestibular" by people in Profiles.