"Progesterone Reductase" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An enzyme that catalyzes the reduction of a 3 beta-hydroxy-delta(5)-steroid to 3-oxo-delta(4)-steroid in the presence of NAD. It converts pregnenolone to progesterone and dehydroepiandrosterone to androstenedione. EC 126.96.36.199.
- Progesterone Reductase
- Reductase, Progesterone
- 5-Ene-3 beta-hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase
- 5 Ene 3 beta hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase
- Dehydrogenase, 5-Ene-3 beta-hydroxysteroid
- 3 beta-Hydroxy-delta-5-Steroid Dehydrogenase
- 3 beta Hydroxy delta 5 Steroid Dehydrogenase
- Dehydrogenase, 3 beta-Hydroxy-delta-5-Steroid
- Steroid delta(5)-3 beta-ol Dehydrogenase
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Progesterone Reductase".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Progesterone Reductase".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Progesterone Reductase" by people in this website by year, and whether "Progesterone Reductase" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Progesterone Reductase" by people in Profiles.