Receptor, Serotonin, 5-HT2C
"Receptor, Serotonin, 5-HT2C" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A serotonin receptor subtype found primarily in the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM and the CHOROID PLEXUS. This receptor subtype is believed to mediate the anorectic action of SEROTONIN, while selective antagonists of the 5-HT2C receptor appear to induce ANXIETY. Several isoforms of this receptor subtype exist, due to adenine deaminase editing of the receptor mRNA.
|Receptor, Serotonin, 5-HT2C
- Receptor, Serotonin, 5-HT2C
- 5-HT2C Receptor
- 5 HT2C Receptor
- Receptor, 5-HT2C
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine Type 2C Receptor
- 5 Hydroxytryptamine Type 2C Receptor
- Receptor, 5-Hydroxytryptamine Type 2C
- Receptor, 5 Hydroxytryptamine Type 2C
- Serotonin 2C Receptor
- Receptor, Serotonin 2C
- 5-HT(2C) Receptor
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine Type 2C Receptors
- 5 Hydroxytryptamine Type 2C Receptors
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptor, Serotonin, 5-HT2C".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, Biogenic Amine [D12.776.543.750.670]
- Receptors, Serotonin [D12.776.543.750.670.800]
- Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT2 [D12.776.543.750.670.800.200]
- Receptor, Serotonin, 5-HT2C [D12.776.543.750.670.800.200.200]
- Receptors, G-Protein-Coupled [D12.776.543.750.695]
- Receptors, Serotonin [D12.776.543.750.695.800]
- Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT2 [D12.776.543.750.695.800.200]
- Receptor, Serotonin, 5-HT2C [D12.776.543.750.695.800.200.200]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Serotonin [D12.776.543.750.720.850]
- Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT2 [D12.776.543.750.720.850.200]
- Receptor, Serotonin, 5-HT2C [D12.776.543.750.720.850.200.200]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptor, Serotonin, 5-HT2C".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptor, Serotonin, 5-HT2C" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptor, Serotonin, 5-HT2C" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.