Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT4
"Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT4" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A subtype of G-protein-coupled SEROTONIN receptors that preferentially couple to GS STIMULATORY G-PROTEINS resulting in increased intracellular CYCLIC AMP. Several isoforms of the receptor exist due to ALTERNATIVE SPLICING of its mRNA.
|Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT4
- Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT4
- Receptor, Serotonin 4
- 5-HT4 Receptor
- 5 HT4 Receptor
- Receptor, 5-HT4
- Serotonin 4 Receptor
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine-4 Receptor
- 5 Hydroxytryptamine 4 Receptor
- Receptor, 5-Hydroxytryptamine-4
- Serotonin 4 Receptors
- Receptors, Serotonin 4
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT4".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, Biogenic Amine [D12.776.543.750.670]
- Receptors, Serotonin [D12.776.543.750.670.800]
- Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT4 [D12.776.543.750.670.800.400]
- Receptors, G-Protein-Coupled [D12.776.543.750.695]
- Receptors, Serotonin [D12.776.543.750.695.800]
- Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT4 [D12.776.543.750.695.800.400]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Serotonin [D12.776.543.750.720.850]
- Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT4 [D12.776.543.750.720.850.400]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT4".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT4" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT4" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT4" by people in Profiles.
Effect of prucalopride on sildenafil-induced inhibition of esophageal peristalsis in healthy adults. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Jun; 36(6):1556-1561.
Differences in the Control of Secondary Peristalsis in the Human Esophagus: Influence of the 5-HT4 Receptor versus the TRPV1 Receptor. PLoS One. 2016; 11(7):e0159452.
Activation of colonic mucosal 5-HT(4) receptors accelerates propulsive motility and inhibits visceral hypersensitivity. Gastroenterology. 2012 Apr; 142(4):844-854.e4.
Effects of mosapride on esophageal secondary peristalsis in humans. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2011 Jul; 23(7):606-e249.