Matrix Metalloproteinase 16
"Matrix Metalloproteinase 16" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A transmembrane domain-containing matrix metalloproteinase. It is synthesized as an inactive zymogen that is activated by the proteolytic action of PROPROTEIN CONVERTASES. Matrix metalloproteinase 16 plays a direct role in the cleavage of proteins in the pericellular environment. In addition, it can function indirectly by enzymatically activating the proprotein form of other MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES such as the zymogen of MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASE 2.
|Matrix Metalloproteinase 16
- Matrix Metalloproteinase 16
- Membrane-Type Matrix Metalloproteinase 3
- Membrane Type Matrix Metalloproteinase 3
- Membrane-Type-3 Matrix Metalloproteinase
- Matrix Metalloproteinase, Membrane-Type-3
- Metalloproteinase, Membrane-Type-3 Matrix
- MMP-X2 Protein
- MMP X2 Protein
- MMP16 Metalloproteinase
- Metalloproteinase, MMP16
- MT3-Matrix Metalloproteinase
- MT3 Matrix Metalloproteinase
- Membrane-Type 3 Matrix Metalloproteinase
- Membrane Type 3 Matrix Metalloproteinase
- MMP-16 Metalloproteinase
- MMP 16 Metalloproteinase
- Metalloproteinase, MMP-16
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Matrix Metalloproteinase 16".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Matrix Metalloproteinase 16".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Matrix Metalloproteinase 16" by people in this website by year, and whether "Matrix Metalloproteinase 16" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.