Radiography, Dental, Digital
"Radiography, Dental, Digital" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A rapid, low-dose, digital imaging system using a small intraoral sensor instead of radiographic film, an intensifying screen, and a charge-coupled device. It presents the possibility of reduced patient exposure and minimal distortion, although resolution and latitude are inferior to standard dental radiography. A receiver is placed in the mouth, routing signals to a computer which images the signals on a screen or in print. It includes digitizing from x-ray film or any other detector. (From MEDLINE abstracts; personal communication from Dr. Charles Berthold, NIDR)
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Radiography, Dental, Digital".
- Analytical, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques and Equipment [E]
- Diagnosis [E01]
- Diagnostic Techniques and Procedures [E01.370]
- Diagnostic Imaging [E01.370.350]
- Photography [E01.370.350.600]
- Image Enhancement [E01.370.350.600.350]
- Radiographic Image Enhancement [E01.370.350.600.350.700]
- Radiography, Dental, Digital [E01.370.350.600.350.700.690]
- Radiography [E01.370.350.700]
- Radiographic Image Enhancement [E01.370.350.700.700]
- Radiography, Dental, Digital [E01.370.350.700.700.690]
- Radiography, Dental [E01.370.350.700.720]
- Radiography, Dental, Digital [E01.370.350.700.720.720]
- Dentistry [E06]
- Diagnosis, Oral [E06.342]
- Radiography, Dental [E06.342.764]
- Radiography, Dental, Digital [E06.342.764.716]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Radiography, Dental, Digital".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Radiography, Dental, Digital" by people in this website by year, and whether "Radiography, Dental, Digital" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Radiography, Dental, Digital" by people in Profiles.
Study of the inferior alveolar canal and mental foramen on digital panoramic images. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2011 Jul 01; 12(4):265-71.
A comparison of panoramic image quality between a digital radiography storage phosphor system and a film-based system. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2010 Jan 01; 11(1):E009-16.
Comparison of two imaging modalities: F-speed film and digital images for detection of osseous defects in patients with interdental vertical bone defects. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2007 Dec; 36(8):500-5.
Digital radiographic image archival, retrieval, and management. Dent Clin North Am. 2000 Apr; 44(2):339-58, vi-vii.