"Somatosensory Disorders" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Disorders of sensory information received from superficial and deep regions of the body. The somatosensory system conveys neural impulses which pertain to proprioception, tactile sensation, thermal sensation, pressure sensation, and pain. PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DISEASES; SPINAL CORD DISEASES; and BRAIN DISEASES may be associated with impaired or abnormal somatic sensation.
- Somatosensory Disorders
- Somatosensory Disorder
- Somatic Sensation Disorders
- Sensation Disorder, Somatic
- Sensation Disorders, Somatic
- Somatic Sensation Disorder
Pain Sensation Diminished
- Pain Sensation Diminished
- Diminished, Pain Sensation
- Diminisheds, Pain Sensation
- Pain Sensation Diminisheds
- Sensation Diminished, Pain
- Sensation Diminisheds, Pain
Thermal Sensation Disorders
- Thermal Sensation Disorders
- Sensation Disorder, Thermal
- Sensation Disorders, Thermal
- Thermal Sensation Disorder
Position Sense Disorders
- Position Sense Disorders
- Position Sense Disorder
- Sense Disorder, Position
- Sense Disorders, Position
Pinprick Sensation Diminished
- Pinprick Sensation Diminished
- Diminished, Pinprick Sensation
- Diminisheds, Pinprick Sensation
- Pinprick Sensation Diminisheds
- Sensation Diminished, Pinprick
- Sensation Diminisheds, Pinprick
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Somatosensory Disorders".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Somatosensory Disorders".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Somatosensory Disorders" by people in this website by year, and whether "Somatosensory Disorders" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Somatosensory Disorders" by people in Profiles.
Surgical Treatment of Tethered Cord Syndrome in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. World Neurosurg. 2020 05; 137:e221-e241.
Integration of viscerosomatic sensory input at the spinal level. Prog Brain Res. 2000; 122:209-21.