"Hypothalamus, Posterior" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
The part of the hypothalamus posterior to the middle region consisting of several nuclei including the medial maxillary nucleus, lateral mammillary nucleus, and posterior hypothalamic nucleus (posterior hypothalamic area). The posterior hypothalamic area is concerned with control of sympathetic responses and is sensitive to conditions of decreasing temperature and controls the mechanisms for the conservation and increased production of heat.
- Hypothalamus, Posterior
- Hypothalamic Region, Posterior
- Hypothalamic Regions, Posterior
- Posterior Hypothalamic Regions
- Region, Posterior Hypothalamic
- Regions, Posterior Hypothalamic
- Posterior Hypothalamus
- Mammillary Region
- Mammillary Regions
- Region, Mammillary
- Regions, Mammillary
- Posterior Hypothalamic Region
- Area Hypothalamica Posterior
- Area Hypothalamica Posteriors
- Hypothalamica Posterior, Area
- Hypothalamica Posteriors, Area
- Posterior, Area Hypothalamica
- Posteriors, Area Hypothalamica
- Hypothalamus Posterior
- Hypothalamus Posteriors
- Posterior, Hypothalamus
- Posteriors, Hypothalamus
- Supramammillary Commissure
- Commissure, Supramammillary
- Commissures, Supramammillary
- Supramammillary Commissures
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Hypothalamus, Posterior".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Hypothalamus, Posterior".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Hypothalamus, Posterior" by people in this website by year, and whether "Hypothalamus, Posterior" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Hypothalamus, Posterior" by people in Profiles.