Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal
"Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Anti-inflammatory agents that are non-steroidal in nature. In addition to anti-inflammatory actions, they have analgesic, antipyretic, and platelet-inhibitory actions.They act by blocking the synthesis of prostaglandins by inhibiting cyclooxygenase, which converts arachidonic acid to cyclic endoperoxides, precursors of prostaglandins. Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis accounts for their analgesic, antipyretic, and platelet-inhibitory actions; other mechanisms may contribute to their anti-inflammatory effects.
|Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal
- Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal
- Antiinflammatory Agents, Non Steroidal
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents
- Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Agents
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents
- Nonsteroidal Anti Inflammatory Agents
- Anti Inflammatory Agents, Nonsteroidal
- Antiinflammatory Agents, Nonsteroidal
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Agents
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal" by people in this website by year, and whether "Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.