"Cardiomyopathy, Dilated" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A form of CARDIAC MUSCLE disease that is characterized by ventricular dilation, VENTRICULAR DYSFUNCTION, and HEART FAILURE. Risk factors include SMOKING; ALCOHOL DRINKING; HYPERTENSION; INFECTION; PREGNANCY; and mutations in the LMNA gene encoding LAMIN TYPE A, a NUCLEAR LAMINA protein.
- Cardiomyopathy, Dilated
- Cardiomyopathies, Dilated
- Dilated Cardiomyopathies
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy, Familial Idiopathic
- Cardiomyopathy, Familial Idiopathic
- Cardiomyopathies, Familial Idiopathic
- Familial Idiopathic Cardiomyopathies
- Familial Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy
- Idiopathic Cardiomyopathies, Familial
- Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy, Familial
- Cardiomyopathy, Congestive
- Cardiomyopathies, Congestive
- Congestive Cardiomyopathies
- Cardiomyopathy, Dilated, with Conduction Deffect1
- Cardiomyopathy, Dilated, CMD1A
- Dilated cardiomyopathy 1A
- 1As, Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy 1As
- cardiomyopathy 1A, Dilated
- cardiomyopathy 1As, Dilated
- Cardiomyopathy, Dilated, Autosomal Recessive
- Cardiomyopathy, Dilated, 1a
- Cardiomyopathy, Dilated, With Conduction Defect 1
- Cardiomyopathy, Idiopathic Dilated
- Cardiomyopathies, Idiopathic Dilated
- Dilated Cardiomyopathies, Idiopathic
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy, Idiopathic
- Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathies
- Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Congestive Cardiomyopathy
- Cardiomyopathy, Dilated, LMNA
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Cardiomyopathy, Dilated".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Cardiomyopathy, Dilated".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Cardiomyopathy, Dilated" by people in this website by year, and whether "Cardiomyopathy, Dilated" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Cardiomyopathy, Dilated" by people in Profiles.
Cardiac retinoic acid levels decline in heart failure. JCI Insight. 2021 04 22; 6(8).
A rare cause of cardiomyopathy in an infant: middle aortic syndrome. Cardiol Young. 2017 May; 27(4):794-796.
Dilated cardiomyopathy mutations in d-sarcoglycan exert a dominant-negative effect on cardiac myocyte mechanical stability. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2016 05 01; 310(9):H1140-50.
Early predictors of survival to and after heart transplantation in children with dilated cardiomyopathy. Circulation. 2012 Aug 28; 126(9):1079-86.
Electrocardiographic abnormalities and arrhythmias are strongly associated with the development of cardiomyopathy in muscular dystrophy. Heart Rhythm. 2010 Oct; 7(10):1484-8.
Consequences of unlocking the cardiac myosin molecule in human myocarditis and cardiomyopathies. Autoimmunity. 2008 Sep; 41(6):442-53.
End-stage renal disease due to polyomavirus in a cardiac transplant patient. Nat Clin Pract Nephrol. 2007 Jul; 3(7):393-6.
Hyperthyroidism: a "curable" cause of congestive heart failure--three case reports and a review of the literature. Congest Heart Fail. 2003 Jan-Feb; 9(1):40-6.
Preventing systemic embolism in patients with abnormal ventricular function. Cardiol Clin. 1994 Aug; 12(3):477-85.