"Erythrocyte Aggregation" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
The formation of clumps of RED BLOOD CELLS under low or non-flow conditions, resulting from the attraction forces between the red blood cells. The cells adhere to each other in rouleaux aggregates. Slight mechanical force, such as occurs in the circulation, is enough to disperse these aggregates. Stronger or weaker than normal aggregation may result from a variety of effects in the ERYTHROCYTE MEMBRANE or in BLOOD PLASMA. The degree of aggregation is affected by ERYTHROCYTE DEFORMABILITY, erythrocyte membrane sialylation, masking of negative surface charge by plasma proteins, etc. BLOOD VISCOSITY and the ERYTHROCYTE SEDIMENTATION RATE are affected by the amount of erythrocyte aggregation and are parameters used to measure the aggregation.
- Erythrocyte Aggregation
- Aggregation, Erythrocyte
- Aggregations, Erythrocyte
- Erythrocyte Aggregations
Rouleaux Formation, Erythrocyte
- Rouleaux Formation, Erythrocyte
- Erythrocyte Rouleaux Formation
- Erythrocyte Rouleaux Formations
- Formation, Erythrocyte Rouleaux
- Formations, Erythrocyte Rouleaux
- Rouleaux Formations, Erythrocyte
- Agglutination, Intravascular
- Agglutinations, Intravascular
- Intravascular Agglutinations
- Intravascular Agglutination
Erythrocyte Aggregation, Intravascular
- Erythrocyte Aggregation, Intravascular
- Aggregation, Intravascular Erythrocyte
- Aggregations, Intravascular Erythrocyte
- Erythrocyte Aggregations, Intravascular
- Intravascular Erythrocyte Aggregations
- Intravascular Erythrocyte Aggregation
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Erythrocyte Aggregation".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Erythrocyte Aggregation".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Erythrocyte Aggregation" by people in this website by year, and whether "Erythrocyte Aggregation" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.