Dystonia Musculorum Deformans
"Dystonia Musculorum Deformans" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A condition characterized by focal DYSTONIA that progresses to involuntary spasmodic contractions of the muscles of the legs, trunk, arms, and face. The hands are often spared, however, sustained axial and limb contractions may lead to a state where the body is grossly contorted. Onset is usually in the first or second decade. Familial patterns of inheritance, primarily autosomal dominant with incomplete penetrance, have been identified. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1078)
|Dystonia Musculorum Deformans
- Dystonia Musculorum Deformans
- Dystonia Deformans Musculorum
- Dystonia Deformans Progressiva
- Torsion Dystonia
- Dystonias, Torsion
- Oppenheim-Ziehen Disease
- Oppenheim Ziehen Disease
- Progressive Torsion Spasm
- Spasm, Progressive Torsion
- Torsion Spasm, Progressive
- Torsion Disease of Childhood
- Childhood Torsion Disease
- Torsion Disease, Childhood
- Idiopathic Torsion Dystonia
- Dystonia, Idiopathic Torsion
- Dystonias, Idiopathic Torsion
- Idiopathic Torsion Dystonias
- Torsion Dystonia, Idiopathic
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Dystonia Musculorum Deformans".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Dystonia Musculorum Deformans".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Dystonia Musculorum Deformans" by people in this website by year, and whether "Dystonia Musculorum Deformans" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.