"Leishmania mexicana" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A parasitic hemoflagellate of the subgenus Leishmania leishmania that infects man and animals including rodents. The Leishmania mexicana complex causes both cutaneous (LEISHMANIASIS, CUTANEOUS) and diffuse cutaneous leishmaniasis (LEISHMANIASIS, DIFFUSE CUTANEOUS) and includes the subspecies amazonensis, garnhami, mexicana, pifanoi, and venezuelensis. L. m. mexicana causes chiclero ulcer, a form of cutaneous leishmaniasis (LEISHMANIASIS, CUTANEOUS) in the New World. The sandfly, Lutzomyia, appears to be the vector.
- Leishmania mexicana
- Leishmania mexicanas
- mexicana, Leishmania
- Leishmania (Leishmania) mexicana
- Leishmania leishmania mexicana
- Leishmania leishmania mexicanas
- leishmania mexicana, Leishmania
- mexicana, Leishmania leishmania
- mexicanas, Leishmania leishmania
Leishmania mexicana mexicana
- Leishmania mexicana mexicana
- Leishmania mexicana mexicanas
- mexicana mexicana, Leishmania
- mexicana mexicanas, Leishmania
- mexicana, Leishmania mexicana
Leishmania mexicana amazonensis
- Leishmania mexicana amazonensis
- Leishmania mexicana amazonenses
- amazonenses, Leishmania mexicana
- amazonensis, Leishmania mexicana
- mexicana amazonensis, Leishmania
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Leishmania mexicana".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Leishmania mexicana".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Leishmania mexicana" by people in this website by year, and whether "Leishmania mexicana" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Leishmania mexicana" by people in Profiles.
A negative regulatory element controls mRNA abundance of the Leishmania mexicana Paraflagellar rod gene PFR2. Eukaryot Cell. 2003 Oct; 2(5):1009-17.