"T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Immunized T-lymphocytes which can directly destroy appropriate target cells. These cytotoxic lymphocytes may be generated in vitro in mixed lymphocyte cultures (MLC), in vivo during a graft-versus-host (GVH) reaction, or after immunization with an allograft, tumor cell or virally transformed or chemically modified target cell. The lytic phenomenon is sometimes referred to as cell-mediated lympholysis (CML). These CD8-positive cells are distinct from NATURAL KILLER CELLS and NATURAL KILLER T-CELLS. There are two effector phenotypes: TC1 and TC2.
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic
- Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte
- T Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic
- T-Lymphocyte, Cytotoxic
- Cell-Mediated Lympholytic Cells
- Cell Mediated Lympholytic Cells
- Cell, Cell-Mediated Lympholytic
- Cell-Mediated Lympholytic Cell
- Cells, Cell-Mediated Lympholytic
- Lympholytic Cell, Cell-Mediated
- Lympholytic Cells, Cell-Mediated
- Cytotoxic T-Lymphocytes
- Cytotoxic T Lymphocytes
- TC2 Cells
- Cell, TC2
- Cells, TC2
- TC2 Cell
- TC1 Cells
- Cell, TC1
- Cells, TC1
- TC1 Cell
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic".
- Anatomy [A]
- Cells [A11]
- Blood Cells [A11.118]
- Leukocytes [A11.118.637]
- Leukocytes, Mononuclear [A11.118.637.555]
- Cytokine-Induced Killer Cells [A11.118.637.555.283]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A11.118.637.555.283.875]
- Lymphocytes [A11.118.637.555.567]
- Lymphocyte Subsets [A11.118.637.555.567.550]
- T-Lymphocyte Subsets [A11.118.637.555.567.550.500]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A11.118.637.555.567.550.500.200]
- T-Lymphocytes [A11.118.637.555.567.569]
- CD8-Positive T-Lymphocytes [A11.118.637.555.567.569.220]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A11.118.637.555.567.569.220.200]
- T-Lymphocyte Subsets [A11.118.637.555.567.569.500]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A11.118.637.555.567.569.500.200]
- Hemic and Immune Systems [A15]
- Blood [A15.145]
- Blood Cells [A15.145.229]
- Leukocytes [A220.127.116.117]
- Leukocytes, Mononuclear [A18.104.22.1687.555]
- Cytokine-Induced Killer Cells [A22.214.171.1247.555.283]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A126.96.36.1997.555.283.875]
- Lymphocytes [A188.8.131.527.555.567]
- Lymphocyte Subsets [A184.108.40.2067.555.567.550]
- T-Lymphocyte Subsets [A220.127.116.117.555.567.550.500]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A18.104.22.1687.555.567.550.500.200]
- T-Lymphocytes [A22.214.171.1247.555.567.569]
- CD8-Positive T-Lymphocytes [A126.96.36.1997.555.567.569.220]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A188.8.131.527.555.567.569.220.200]
- T-Lymphocyte Subsets [A184.108.40.2067.555.567.569.500]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A220.127.116.117.555.567.569.500.200]
- Immune System [A15.382]
- Leukocytes [A15.382.490]
- Leukocytes, Mononuclear [A15.382.490.555]
- Cytokine-Induced Killer Cells [A15.382.490.555.283]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A15.382.490.555.283.875]
- Lymphocytes [A15.382.490.555.567]
- Lymphocyte Subsets [A15.382.490.555.567.550]
- T-Lymphocyte Subsets [A15.382.490.555.567.550.500]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A15.382.490.555.567.550.500.200]
- T-Lymphocytes [A15.382.490.555.567.569]
- CD8-Positive T-Lymphocytes [A15.382.490.555.567.569.220]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A15.382.490.555.567.569.220.200]
- T-Lymphocyte Subsets [A15.382.490.555.567.569.500]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A15.382.490.555.567.569.500.200]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic" by people in this website by year, and whether "T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic" by people in Profiles.
Altered regulation of DPF3, a member of the SWI/SNF complexes, underlies the 14q24 renal cancer susceptibility locus. Am J Hum Genet. 2021 09 02; 108(9):1590-1610.
Anti-CD73 and anti-OX40 immunotherapy coupled with a novel biocompatible enzyme prodrug system for the treatment of recurrent, metastatic ovarian cancer. Cancer Lett. 2018 07 01; 425:174-182.
TriCurin, a synergistic formulation of curcumin, resveratrol, and epicatechin gallate, repolarizes tumor-associated macrophages and triggers an immune response to cause suppression of HPV+ tumors. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2018 May; 67(5):761-774.
T cells from patients with Parkinson's disease recognize a-synuclein peptides. Nature. 2017 06 29; 546(7660):656-661.
Altered populations of natural killer cells, cytotoxic T lymphocytes, and regulatory T cells in major depressive disorder: Association with sleep disturbance. Brain Behav Immun. 2017 Nov; 66:193-200.
The CD169 sialoadhesin molecule mediates cytotoxic T-cell responses to tumour apoptotic vesicles. Immunol Cell Biol. 2016 05; 94(5):430-8.
Role of fatty-acid synthesis in dendritic cell generation and function. J Immunol. 2013 May 01; 190(9):4640-9.
The role of MHC class I allele Mamu-A*07 during SIV(mac)239 infection. Immunogenetics. 2011 Dec; 63(12):789-807.
Loss of the type I interferon pathway increases vulnerability of mice to genital herpes simplex virus 2 infection. J Virol. 2011 Feb; 85(4):1625-33.
Natural epitope variants of the hepatitis C virus impair cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity. World J Gastroenterol. 2010 Apr 28; 16(16):1953-69.