"Calpain" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Cysteine proteinase found in many tissues. Hydrolyzes a variety of endogenous proteins including NEUROPEPTIDES; CYTOSKELETAL PROTEINS; proteins from SMOOTH MUSCLE; CARDIAC MUSCLE; liver; platelets; and erythrocytes. Two subclasses having high and low calcium sensitivity are known. Removes Z-discs and M-lines from myofibrils. Activates phosphorylase kinase and cyclic nucleotide-independent protein kinase. This enzyme was formerly listed as EC 220.127.116.11.
- Calcium-Activated Protease
- Calcium Activated Protease
- Protease, Calcium-Activated
- Calcium-Dependent Neutral Proteinase
- Calcium Dependent Neutral Proteinase
- Neutral Proteinase, Calcium-Dependent
- Proteinase, Calcium-Dependent Neutral
- Calcium-Dependent Neutral Protease
- Calcium Dependent Neutral Protease
- Neutral Protease, Calcium-Dependent
- Protease, Calcium-Dependent Neutral
- Ca2+-Activated Protease
- Ca2+ Activated Protease
- Protease, Ca2+-Activated
- Calcium-Activated Neutral Proteinase
- Calcium Activated Neutral Proteinase
- Neutral Proteinase, Calcium-Activated
- Proteinase, Calcium-Activated Neutral
- Calcium-Activated Neutral Protease
- Calcium Activated Neutral Protease
- Neutral Protease, Calcium-Activated
- Protease, Calcium-Activated Neutral
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Calpain".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Calpain".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Calpain" by people in this website by year, and whether "Calpain" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.