"Genes, Immediate-Early" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Genes that show rapid and transient expression in the absence of de novo protein synthesis. The term was originally used exclusively for viral genes where immediate-early referred to transcription immediately following virus integration into the host cell. It is also used to describe cellular genes which are expressed immediately after resting cells are stimulated by extracellular signals such as growth factors and neurotransmitters.
- Genes, Immediate-Early
- Genes, Immediate Early
- Immediate-Early Genes
- Gene, Immediate-Early
- Immediate Early Genes
- Immediate-Early Gene
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Genes, Immediate-Early".
- Biological Sciences [G]
- Genetic Phenomena [G05]
- Genetic Structures [G05.360]
- Genome [G05.360.340]
- Genome Components [G05.360.340.024]
- Genes [G05.360.340.024.340]
- Genes, Immediate-Early [G05.360.340.024.340.330]
- Genes, Microbial [G05.360.340.024.340.364]
- Genes, Viral [G05.360.340.024.340.364.875]
- Genes, Immediate-Early [G05.360.340.024.340.364.875.345]
- Genome, Microbial [G05.360.340.358]
- Genes, Microbial [G05.360.340.358.024]
- Genes, Viral [G05.360.340.358.024.875]
- Genes, Immediate-Early [G05.360.340.358.024.875.345]
- Genome, Viral [G05.360.340.358.840]
- Genes, Viral [G05.360.340.358.840.500]
- Genes, Immediate-Early [G05.360.340.358.840.500.345]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Genes, Immediate-Early".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Genes, Immediate-Early" by people in this website by year, and whether "Genes, Immediate-Early" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.